I’m usually fairly resistant to memes, but this one is just too much fun to ignore.
Creating your own Debut YA cover is easy! Simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Fake Name Generator. The name that appears is your author name.
- Go to the Random Word Generator. The “Random Verb” is your title.
- Go to Flickr Creative Commons. Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person¹ is your cover.
- Use Photoshop, Picnik, or similar to put it all together, crop, zoom in, etc.
- Post your cover(s) to your site with instructions to further the addictive book cover insanity, and link to it in a comments on the original post or the gallery if you want it to be included in said gallery
¹Like many people, I originally skimmed the instructions and therefore used the first image rather than the first image with a person. Oops.